- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 5
- Sleeps 8
Air conditioning in 2 bedrooms, Table tennis, Foosball, Pétanque strip and equipment, Barbeque, An abdomen exerciser, as well as hand weights and a step bench are available for exercising, Pool with electric cover and alarm
Maid(s), Manager, Groundskeeper/Pool Maintenance
English speaking meet and greet at the arrival.
Cleaning service: 5 hours per day on 6 days a week. From noon to 5pm.
Linens are changed once per week and towels twice.
There is no extra charge for the pool heating (from June to the end of September) or the air-conditioning, electricity, gas or central heating
The swimming pool can be open and heated in low season by separate payment on request and in advance. High season is from May 1st to September 30th
Wine from the cellar
Chef at home.
Transfer from/to the airport
Cavaillon is 15 minutes away and offers supermarkets, shops, services and access to the A7 motorway. Coustellet is the closest commercial center with a supermarket, shops and a wonderful farmers’ market on Sunday morning.
Marseille International Airport is at one hour.
Avignon which has a TGV station and small airport with flights throughout Europe, is only at 30 minutes.
This beautiful house in the village of Gordes offers splendid panoramic views, 4 bedrooms, all with their own bathrooms and a heated swimming pool.
The walk into the village is a two minute stroll through history and cobbled streets, with a potential sketch or painting wherever you look. Inside the village of Gordes you may find all small shops, baker, butcher, cafés, good restaurants and art galleries.
This superbly restored dry stone 3 level village house is built into the cliffs of Gordes and faces directly out to the Luberon valley, a landscape of green, lavender and ocher. The house boasts two very large and comfortable terraces that guarantee unobstructed views.
This property was renovated and completely redesigned by a couple of renowned art dealers who respected the traditional construction, using local limestone for the flagstone floors, the carved twisting staircase and the supporting arches. The renovation alone is a work of art.
The house has 3 levels.
The first floor (entrance level) has:
- An open plan lounge with fireplace, 3 sofas and armchairs, a dining room which opens onto the terrace, kitchen and guest WC.
- Professional kitchen, with stainless steel appliances; oven, electric oven and gas rings. It is equipped with a large double fridge with ice maker. With microwave, blender, mixer; excellent sets of knives and pans, it is a real chef’s delight.
This level has an access to the staircase to reach 2 levels below the terrace where are the terrace-garden and the swimming pool.
Going down to the lower floors (1) & (2) of the house, there are:
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe, and then,
- Second bedroom with its en-suite bathroom.
On the lowest level of the house:
- Two other bedrooms with access to the garden and pool (through a small alley), one with en-suite bathroom and the second with a separate bathroom.
- A laundry room, with iron and ironing board, dryer, and washer, and a passive vaulted wine cellar* (inventory with listed prices) are also at the guests’ disposal on this level. *Passive wine cellars are not climate-controlled, and are usually built underground to reduce temperature swings.
Please note that: – There is a security system and one telephone per level; – There are 6 toilets in total, one in each bathroom, one in the main entrance-living area and one out in the terrace-garden.
- A public parking space for 2 cars is available in front of the house.
- There are 4 lounge chairs and 2 tech sun beds on the terrace and around the pool.
- The highlights of the 400 sqm garden include the heated swimming pool (8 m x 4 m with electric cover and alarm) closed during the low season, a garden shower and toilet, and the pool house with fully equipped kitchen and BBQ.
Bedroom 1 – Master
King size bed, Air conditioning, En-suite with tub and shower, Walk-in closet, Hair dryer
2 Single beds (can be converted into King), En-suite with tub and shower, Hair dryer
Queen size bed, En-suite with tub and shower, Hair dryer, Access to pool and garden
2 Single beds (can be converted into King), Access to a separate bathroom with tub and shower attachment, Hair dryer, Access to pool and garden
A €10 000 security deposit is required because of the art collection.
Be aware: This property is not suitable for elderly people and young children because of the many stairs to access to different levels.
Kitchen has an overhead fan. There are many fans throughout the house that can be moved wherever needed.
Normally the pool is closed down at the end of September until May 1, as is the summer kitchen.