- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 2
- Sleeps 4
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Gym, Pool, WIFI, Safe
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- Copper bath tubs
- Private plunge pools
- Stationary bike, yoga mats and weights
Maid(s), Chef(s), Manager
- Private guide and vehicle included
- Private chef
- Guide walks in addition to drives and mokoro rides
- Laundry – next day service, weather permitting
- Fishing – a rod/reel kit is available for those who want to try their cast in the Delta between March and December on a catch and release basis – water level dependant
- Boating – the flat-bottomed, aluminium boat at Duba Plains allows guest to explore the papyrus flanked channels of the Okavango Delta. Enjoy the amazing birdlife seen, or the occasional elephant or other wildlife seen on the banks. Marvel at the clear, cool water flowing under your and marvel at the journey that this life
sustaining liquid undertakes. It has been said that a splash of Okavango Delta water unlocks unknown flavors and aromas from one’s favorite whiskey. Boating is seasonal and subject to water levels.
• There is a custom-built Land Cruiser specially designed for our conditions and photography (fold-down
screens and raised roofs) with six individual bucket seats.
• Custom built boat offering fixed camera mounts and swivel chairs specifically allowing for enhanced
wildlife photographic opportunities from the water channels.
• There are two professional camera sets in the Duba Plains Suite, including two camera bodies with two 100-400mm lenses and one wide angle lens. Photos will be downloaded to a USB flash stick on guest’s departure. Each suite comes with a pair of high-quality binoculars for guest use as well.
- In-room massages are available at an additional cost
- Scenic Flight and Champagne Stop – enjoy an aerial viewing experience with great scenery across the northern part of the Okavango Delta. Add a 15-minute Champagne stop on Palm Island en route. Must be booked in advance and is subject to extra cost and availability
• Light aircraft transfers from Kasane (1hr 25 mins) and Maun (40 min) airports;
• Private Air charter access available;
• The Duba Plains Suite is a 5-minute drive from its airstrip;
• Airstrip co-ordinates are: S19° 1’ 3.45” E22° 42’ 11.90;
• Airstrip length: 1000m
The Duba Plains Suite, an exquisite two-bedroom tented suite located on the 33,000-hectare private Duba Plains Reserve, ensures your private Botswana safari. Tucked into the pristine Okavango Delta wildlife habitat with views across floodplains filled with iconic African wildlife species, there is simply no other private Botswana safari experience like this in the Okavango Delta.
Raised on recycled railway sleeper decking, the suite offers guests fabulous views and a steady stream of wildlife parading past. This 2-bedroomed Suite has a wrap-around private verandah complete with a private plunge pool and shaded outdoor sala. The heart of the suite is an indoor lounge and dining area. Each sleeping area offers guests beautifully appointed en-suite facilities, including indoor and outdoor showers and a luxurious bath. Ceiling fans and a solar-powered air-conditioning system over the guest’s bed area ensure that the tent’s design maintains a comfortable climate.
The Duba Plains Suite operates indepednently of the other 5 tented suites in the camp, although you have the option of socializing with other guests if you wish.
- 2 bedrooms on either side of the living and dining area. Each bedroom can be configured with King beds or twins
- An additional bed can be accommoted in one bedroom for a child under 16 years