- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 2
- Sleeps 4
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Pool, WIFI, Safe
- Private deck and swimming pool
- Solar powered, environmentally friendly air conditioning system over bed
- Yoga mat, light weights and a stationary exercise bike
- The camp is run on a Tesla solar-pwered system with generator backup
- Wi-Fi is available in guiest suites only
- No mobile/cell signal
Maid(s), Chef(s), Cook, Butler
The Selinda Suite offers game drives throughout the day focusing primarily on early morning and afternoon and early evening wildlife viewing drives, but full day drives are common if guests prefer.
If stretching one’s legs and getting a feel for Africa by foot is the guest’s preference, then it’s possible to arrange morning walks.
Selinda is primarily a land-based activity camp; however, boating is possible on the Selinda Spillway in one of the camp’s powerboats, water level dependent.
You can toss the bait with some rod/reel fishing from March to December each year, water level dependent.
• The Selinda Suite offers a custom-built Land cruiser specially designed for our conditions and photography (fold-down screens, raised roofs, photographic bars, multi-plug invertors). The Cruiser is fully stocked with drinks and snacks;
• The Suite has a professional camera set, including two camera bodies with two 100-400mm lenses and one wide angle lens. Photos will be downloaded to a storage device on guest’s departure. Each room also comes with a pair of high-quality binoculars for guest use.
- Laundry is uncluded with next day service, weather permitting
- The Spa at Selinda Camp is a relaxing and inviting space, located privately above the wine cellar. All treatments and ingredients used in your spa treatments were personally chosen by Dereck and Beverly Joubert in conjunction with Spacology. Spa treatments are at an additional cost.
- Scenic Flight and Champagne Stop – enjoy an aerial viewing experience with great scenery across the Linyanti/Savuti and Selinda Spillway. Add a 15-minute champagne stop on palm island en route. Must be booked in advance and is subject to extra cost and availability
• Light aircraft transfers from Kasane (55 mins) and Maun (45 min) airports;
• Private Air charter access available;
• The Selinda Suite is a 60-minute drive or a 40 minute boat ride from its airstrip;
• Airstrip Co-ordinates: S18°31’ 58.46”, E23°31’ 19.64”;
• Airstrip length: 1000m
Set in one of the most pristine wilderness areas left on our planet, Selinda Camp rests on the banks of the Selinda Spillway, as it enters the Linyanti River. The private 130,000-hectare Selinda Reserve boasts elephants by the thousands, regular sightings of the Selinda pack of African wild dogs as well as the famous Selinda Lion Pride recently feature in the National Geographic film “Birth of a Pride” by Dereck and Beverly Joubert. The area has a sense of remoteness, a true spirit of Africa, and is a great example of Botswana bush embodying a variety of species and rare animals.
The 2-bdroomed Selinda Suite operates exclusively, as guests enjoy their own private vehicle, safari guide, chef, manager/butler and entrance to their residence.
- 2 bedrooms on either side of the living/dining area, accommodating up to 4 adults sharing or 2 adults and up to 3 children sharing (6-15 yrs)
- large tented suite under thatch on raised wooden decking
- 2 ensuite bathrooms with copper tubs and indoor showers