- Bedrooms 6
- Bathrooms 6
- Sleeps 12
Toiletries, Pool, Safe
• Central lounge and dining room;
• Coffee and tea station;
• Bar/drinks area;
• Outdoor fire area with seating.
- Unique plunge pool in the back of an old 1952 German truck!
Maid(s), Cook, Manager
- All meals and beverages including premium alcohol
- All wildlife viewing actibities in both Mara North and Masai Mara reserves
- Guided bush walks (the only camp in the Mara to offer this) Must be 12 years or older
- Ol Kiombo airstrip transfers
- Conservancy fees
- Air transfers unless combined with another Great Plains Reserve camp
- Hot air ballooning
- Daily scheduled light aircraft transfers to the ol Kiombo Airstrip
- Flight Time from Nairobi’s domestic Wilson Airport is approximately 1 hour
- The camp is a 45-minute drive from the airstrip
- Co-ordinates: S1°24’31.0” E35°06’38.0”
- Airstrip length: 1200m
Mara Expedition Camp is positioned in a grove of typical East African acacia trees overlooking a valley in the Masai Mara Reserve. It is on private land, so very exclusive but with access to some of the region’s best wildlife. The camp tells the story of early day explorers with touches of campaign furniture and open-air space under light canvas. It is an ideal camp to take on an exclusive basis, from which to start your safari looking for big cats such as cheetah and lion. Most days you don’t even have to go very far!
It is safari chic with six light and airy, spacious canvas tents, all with en-suite bathrooms. It is set down low, hidden from lights and noise from other camps or properties or any sign of mankind. The main area is lit by lanterns and candlelight, simple in design, but just enough for all the comforts. The camp is locally famous for its leopard residents wandering nearby and is positioned to take the best advantage of two migrations – the famous annual Serengeti migration and the green season migration from Loita Plains, an additional 50,000 wildebeest and over 100,000 zebras vying for grazing rights.
- 6 tents all with ensuite bathrooms featuring showers and freestanding copper tubs
- 1 guide tent with bed and bathroom
Open year round.
Children 6 years and older are welcome.