- Bedrooms 2
- Bathrooms 2
- Sleeps 4
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Pool, WIFI, Safe
- Private vehicle and guide
- Private swimming pool
- Each guest suite includes one pair of high quality binoculars and a professional camera set, including professional camera body and lenses for guest’s complimentary use. Photos will be downloaded to a memory stick on guest’s departure.
- Wellness spa available at the camp
- Yoga mats and bands in suite
Maid(s), Chef(s), Cook, Manager
- Fully inclusive of accommodation, all conservation/park fees, scheduled wildlife viewing activities on the Maasai Mara National Reserve (one day per stay), Olare Motorogi & Mara North Conservancies, all meals, laundry, return Olare Motorogi airstrip road transfers, non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages including premium brand spirits and Champagne.
- The return scheduled seat in plane air transfers from Nairobi Wilson, or properties in the greater Maasai Mara region, to this camp are automatically included in the nightly rate – subject to a minimum 2 night stay. Where air transfers are from properties located outside of these regions, supplementary charges will be applicable.
- Rates are exclusive of in camp spa treatments, and hot air ballooning which should be booked in advance
- Photography tuition on company or guest’s camaera equipment
- Local airlines offer twice daily scheduled flights between Nairobi’s Wilson airport and Maasai Mara’s Olare Orok airstrip. Minimum 2 guests required per flight. Flying time 1hr 15mins.
- A variety of aircraft are used ranging from a Cessna Caravan (12 seats) to a 40-seat aircraft. The flying times
are approximate as the service could land at additional airstrips en route, depending on passenger demand
- Mara Plains Camp is an approximate 30-minute drive from the airstrip
- Private charters can also land at the nearby Olare Motorogi airstrip
- Co-ordinates: S1°19’25.2”, E35°14’27.3”
- Airstrip length: 1300m
Mara Plains Camp is a one-of-a-kind camp located in the private 13,300-hectare Olare Motorogi Conservancy, just on the Maasai Mara National Reserve’s northern boundary. This intimate camp blends the finest in wildlife viewing with the absolute best of safari hospitality and guiding. No other Maasai Mara based camp offers the extensive traversing area of Mara Plains Camp, with access to a total of 40,000 hectares of private conservancy land and the world-renowned Maasai Mara, home to the Great Migration.
The camp is nestled in a lush forest on the meandering bends of the Ntiakitiak River, with careful thought given to every detail. It blends seamlessly into the landscape, incorporateing sweeping views across the plains. It is absolutely captivating on arrival!
The Mara Plains Jahazi Suite is an intimate, two-bedroom exquisite, tented suite built entirely under canvas. It is on raised, recycled railway sleeper decking and offers guests incredible views of the steady stream of wildlife parading past whilst discreetly tucked away under the tree canopy. An indoor dining area leads out to a prominent private outdoor verandah, flanked by two large bedrooms with en-suite facilities and a private swimming pool.
- Two bedrooms on either side of the living/dining area, each with ensuite bathrooms with freestanding tubs and indoor and outdoor showers
- Accommodates up to 4 adults sharing or a maximum of 5 for families with children (6 yrs or older)
- Rate doubles during peak season (June 15-Oct 31′ Dec 20-Jan 10)