- Bedrooms 6
- Bathrooms 6
- Sleeps 12
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Satellite TV, DVD, Gym, Pool, WIFI, Safe
- Swimming pool on the front lawn overlooking the Castleton dam and the open grassland.
- Private fitness centre and yoga pavilion.
- Private tennis court with tennis pavilion.
- Trampoline for children (and adults) to have fun.
- Bocce court.
- A spa treatment room and in room treatments are available for guests.
- Television with full satellite/cable with DVD player in the main house.
- Private boma with uninterrupted view of the watering hole.
- Private Land Rover with experienced field guide and tracker.
- Private staff of house manager, chef, housekeeper, guide and tracker.
- Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique is nearby.
- Limited cell phone signal or WiFi access due to the remote location.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite.
Maid(s), Chef(s), Cook, Manager
- All meals and beverages (excluding French Champagne)
- Game drives twice a day in a private vehicle with private guide and tracker
- Guided safari walks
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available (to be booked in advance) and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
- For the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
Children’s activities offered at the lodge include:
- Cooking interactions
- Board games
- Bush walks (minimum age 16)
- Activity booklets with a variety of games, quizzes and games
- Arts & crafts
- Kosher and Halaal is available at an additional charge – please book in advance.
Steeped in history and combining the luxury of a comfortable safari lodge with the rustic charm of a country farmhouse, Singita Castleton is set within 45,000 acres of untouched wilderness teeming with wildlife. It’s designed for exclusive use and the beautiful stone-walled homestead, and six double en-suite cottages are perfect for families and friends.
This former home of the grandfather of Singita’s Founder, Luke Bailes, features relaxed and understated interiors imbued with nostalgic references that capture the spirit and history of the original camp. The park-like indigenous grasslands front onto bushveld vistas and a watering hole where animals regularly gather to drink.
Castleton’s full staff complement includes a Field Guide, chef and host, and amenities such as a fully equipped fitness centre, tennis court, spa treatment room, wine cellar and country-style kitchen accommodate every preference.
Six thatch-roofed, stone cottages within the grounds of the homestead, each comprising:
- king-size beds
- luxurious ensuite bathrooms