- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 4
- Sleeps 8
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Pool, WIFI, Safe
Maid(s), Chef(s), Cook, Manager
- 3 meals per day, house wines, beers, spirits, water and soft drinks.
- Laundry (hand washed) & internet access (Wi-Fi available).
- A daily, private Chem Chem guide and a private vehicle (only for Chem Chem concession and Tarangire National Park).
- Arrival transfer from Chem Chem Airstrip.
- Morning and afternoon game drives in the Burunge WMA (Little Chem Chem concession), guided walks, evening sundowners, game drive to Tarangire National Park in an open vehicle (excludes park fees), morning sunrise hill climb, cultural visits with the Masaai (village and/or local school).
- Interactive cooking around the camp fire.
- Compulsory government Tourism and Development Levy (1% TDL) on the invoiced accommodation rate per person per bed night.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance: US$ 30 per person per stay.
- An optional Chem Chem Association contribution will be added to each new booking. Proceeds go towards Association projects and guests will receive a personal update on the positive impact their contribution made. This amount can be removed if requested.
- Conservation & Community Fees, and park fees for Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater National Parks as required.
- All road transfers, except arrival through Chem Chem Airstrip.
- Connoisseur wine and champagne, additional spa treatments (available at Chem Chem Lodge and Little Chem Chem), purchases, phone calls and gratuities.
From Arusha, fly to Chem Chem Airstrip, then take a short 10 min drive to Chem Chem Lodge or 45 min drive to Forest Chem Chem/ Little Chem Chem.
From the Serengeti or Ngorongoro, fly into the Lake Manyara Airstrip, followed by a 2-hour road transfer in a closed vehicle.
Private charters and scheduled flights are also available to the new Chem Chem Airstrip from other safari airstrips and airports. Chem Chem Lodge is then a 10-min road transfer away, and Little and Forest Chem Chem are a 40-min transfer.
With 20,000 hectares (55,000 acres) of untainted African Bush, the Chem Chem – Burunge Wildlife Management Area (WMA) protects an invaluable migration corridor between the ancient landscape of Tarangire National Park and the tranquil waters of Lake Manyara National Park.
An exclusive-use camp bordering the Tarangire, Forest Chem Chem is a place for families and friends to connect with each other, with the bush, with Africa, and with themselves. The freedom of exclusivity gives guests complete freedom to explore the two national parks near the lodge, and witness the resurrection of an ancient migratory corridor through this land.
- 3 vintage tents with ensuite bathrooms (indoor & outdoors showers)
- 1 Family tent comprising 2 bedrooms each with ensuite bathroom (indoor & outdoor showers)
Rate is based on a minimum of 6 adults.
Maximum capacity is 8 adults + 2 children under 15 yrs.
Children of all ages are welcome as this is an exclusive-use camp.
Closed April 1 – May 31 each year.