- Bedrooms 6
- Bathrooms 6
- Sleeps 12
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Gym, WIFI, Safe
- Waterhole near camp which attracts animals
Maid(s), Chef(s), Cook, Manager
- 3 meals per day, house wines, beers, spirits, water and soft drinks.
- Laundry (hand washed) & internet access (Wi-Fi available).
- A daily, private Chem Chem guide and a private vehicle (only for Chem Chem concession and Tarangire National Park).
- Arrival transfer from Chem Chem Airstrip.
- Morning and afternoon game drives in the Burunge WMA (Little Chem Chem concession), guided walks, evening sundowners, game drive to Tarangire National Park in an open vehicle (excludes park fees), morning sunrise hill climb, cultural visits with the Masaai (village and/or local school).
- A daily 30-minute massage per person (on stays of 4 nights or more).
- Compulsory government Tourism and Development Levy (1% TDL) on the invoiced accommodation rate per person per bed night.
- Emergency Evacuation Insurance: US$ 30 per person per stay.
- An optional Chem Chem Association contribution will be added to each new booking. Proceeds go towards Association projects and guests will receive a personal update on the positive impact their contribution made. This amount can be removed if requested.
- Conservation & Community Fees, and park fees for Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater National Parks as required.
- All road transfers, except arrival through Chem Chem Airstrip.
- Connoisseur wine and champagne, additional spa treatments (available at Chem Chem Lodge and Little Chem Chem), purchases, phone calls and gratuities.
Daily flights to Chem Chem Airstrip followed by a 10 min drive to Chem Chem Lodge or 45 min to Forest Chem Chem/Little Chem Chem.
Chem Chem is easily accessed by road from Arusha Airport and Manyara Airstrip (90 minutes’ drive), or a 3.5 hour drive from Kilimajaro Airport.
With 20,000 hectares (55,000 acres) of untainted African Bush, the Chem Chem – Burunge Wildlife Management Area (WMA) protects an invaluable migration corridor between the ancient landscape of Tarangire National Park and the tranquil waters of Lake Manyara National Park.
With Lake Burunge, the Babati mountain range, and the hills of the Tarangire in the distance, Little Chem Chem is home to early morning displays of glory, and is aptly named “the sunrise camp”. The 5 vintage tents have a large bedroom, a vanity area with a dressing room, and an en-suite bathroom with an indoor and outdoor shower. All the rooms overlook the plains in front of the lodge where antelope, zebra, and the great Tarangire Tusker elephants often frequent.
- 5 luxury tents with ensuite bathrooms (indoor & outdoor showers) and views over the plains
- 1 Family tent comprising 2 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms (indoor & outdoor shower) and views over the plains. Can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. A third child up to 15 yrs can be accommodated at the child rate.
Rate per person is based on 2 adults sharing.
Children 8yrs and older are welcome as private vehicles are included with every booking.
Closed April 1 – May 31 each year.