- Bedrooms 6
- Bathrooms 6
- Sleeps 12
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Pool, WIFI, Safe
- Tented safari main area which includes lounge, dining, interactive kitchen, library and wine cellar
- Coffee/tea station
- Fire pit with seating
- Great Plains Safari Boutique selling locally and regionally produced crafts, many of which support local
communities. The Boutique also stocks the d&b clothing line: Dereck and Beverly Joubert have inspired
this bespoke range of clothing they typically wear, and which is perfect and cool while on safari yet
elegant when in the city. All materials are responsibly sourced.
Maid(s), Chef(s), Cook, Manager
- Accommodation, all meals and beverages including premium brand spirits and Champagne
- Wildlife viewing activities
- One wildlife experience in the Mana Pools National Park on a 3-night stay or longer
- Daily laundry
- Return airstrip transfers
The focus of your stay is centred around exploration and adventure. Many activities involve day and night wildlife viewing drives and walking with some canoeing and excellent boating opportunities on the Zambezi River. Your wildlife viewing vehicle is available to conduct safari drives for those who prefer to cover greater land distances and who do not wish to venture out into the wilds on foot. Custom-built, open Toyota Land Cruisers have been specially designed for these conditions and photography, including fold-down windscreens, raised roofs, photographic bars, and multi-plug inverters. Each of the Land Cruisers is fully stocked with reference books, drinks, and snacks.
- Mandatory nightly conservation levy
- Spa services
- Light aircraft transfers from Harare International Airport (1 hour 35 mins)
- Victoria Falls International Airport (3 hours 50 mins)
- Private Air charters are available
- Transfer time from a Sapi Private Reserve airstrip to camp is approximately 45 mins with wildlife viewing
- Please note that to fly from Sapi to Victoria Falls or Harare and then connect to some same-day international departure flights, guests may be required to book a private charter. We can confirm this at time of booking.
One of the last, truly wild and pristine wildlife areas. Sapi Private Reserve, on the eastern border of Mana Pools National Park in northern Zimbabwe, was a former hunting area. Wildlife hsd vanished. In 2017, National Geographic filmmakers and explorers, Dereck and Beverly Joubert, signed a contract to conserve and manage the 290,000 acre reserve. Four years later, animals have returned and are beginning to trust humans again.
Using a similar footprint to their upscale camps in Botswana and Kenya, Tembo Plains is crafted out of repurposed teak timber and canvas, rich furnishings and Zanzibar doors. Set on the banks of the Zambezu River, the camp comprises a 2-bedroom suite with plunge pool and private vehicle and guide, plus four 1-bedroom suites. Ideal to have on an exclusive basis.
- Tembo Plains Suite – 2-bedroom suite with ensuite bathrooms, living area, deck and plunge pool
- 4 x guest suites with King or twin configuration and ensuite bathrooms
- 1 x guide tent with 2 three quarter beds and shared bathroom
Seasonal camp – closed from November 21 – March 31 each year (rainy season)