- Bedrooms 18
- Bathrooms 18
- Sleeps 40
Hair Dryers, Satellite TV, DVD, Heated Pool, WIFI, Safe
Helicopter landing area
Wheel chair access
Small boat access
Maid(s), Chef(s), Concierge, Manager, Groundskeeper/Pool Maintenance
Linens and laundry by staff at 15 euros per bag
Mountain biking, fishing, ball trap, and archery upon request
The nearest town is Saint-Lo at 8 km
Caen is 60 km
Paris 300 km (three hours by car, 2 hours 20 minutes by train)
There is an airport near Caen for private planes and with some service to European cities
This is the chateau of your dreams, a castle set in Normandy with towers, moats, parapets and other surprises. This is a family residence, striking in its charm and authenticity. The chateau has a significant history as well, having been in the same bloodline for more than 10 centuries.
This history has been enhanced by the extensive work carried out in recent years to provide the modern improvements essential to 21st century living. The 18 bedrooms have been uniquely redecorated with refinement and feature luxurious ensuite bathrooms.
Its furnishings cross the ages, the libraries abound with history, the woodwork, draperies and family portraits are all tokens of centuries past. The fires crackling in the fireplaces adorned with the family’s coat of arms and the opulence of the interior design and furnishings create a warm, relaxed and refined atmosphere.
The property is surrounded by 600 acres of farmland and forests and has 60 acres of gardens and three ponds; all the ingredients of a tranquil domain conducive to relaxation, contemplation and conversation! Guests may meet to work or chat, stroll in the park, tour the property on horseback, play a game of tennis on site or golf nearby. They can enjoy a drink in the warm, polished atmosphere of the grand salon or in the more relaxed French café and billiard room. One can dine by candlelight amidst the ornate XVII century wildlife frescoes in the dining room and then retire to the privacy of your bedroom with furnishings and paintings reminiscent of times past.
The chateau is located on Le Cotenin peninsula set in the heart of the bocage of Normandy less than an hour’s drive from Mont Saint Michel and the D-day invasion beaches. The region is full of ancient and modern history as well as beautiful beaches, fishing ports and wonderful seafood restaurants.
- Games room with jukebox
- Small gym with elliptical machine and stationary bike
- Small theatre with 80+ seats
- Main room with twin bed, spare room with single bed, and two bathrooms (1 with shower, 1 with bathtub)
- Two Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Three living rooms with fireplace
- Music room with Steinway piano and harp
- French billiards room
- Main room with double bed, spare room with single bed and en-suite bathroom
- Five Double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
- Two Twin bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
- Main room with double beds, a spare room in the tower with 2 single beds, and bathroom with bathrub on the main level.
- Five Double bedrooms with ensuite bathroom
- Twin bedroom with ensuite bathroom