- Bedrooms 9
- Bathrooms 8
- Sleeps 18
Toiletries, Satellite TV, Gym, Pool, WIFI, AC in Bedrooms, Safe
Extensive outdoor dining and seating
Gym with free weights, Pilates reformer, elliptical and two Peloton bikes
TV room with Xbox and Apple TV
Maid(s), Chef(s), Groundskeeper/Pool Maintenance
Chef and wait-staff are included in the rental and are on-site to provide three meals a day.
Breakfast is buffet style, while lunch and dinner are plated and served.
Groceries and wine
Spa and yoga services
Unlimited local excursions can be organized such as a tour of local Provencal markets, Tours of Les Baux, Gordes, Aix en Provence, Bonnieux and other Provence villages, Palace of the Popes, etc.
10 minute drive to Avignon
60 minute drive to Marseilles International Airport (MRS)
Le Grande Mas is an 18th century farmhouse in Provence, located near the Medieval city of Avignon. The property’s 65 acres offer true privacy and seclusion. The home and gardens sit amidst working pear orchards and sunflower fields on an island in the Rhone River.
The buildings have recently undergone extensive renovation by the esteemed Alexandre Lafourcade with gardens by Dominique Lafourcade, the famed Provencal landscape architect. The house is professionally staffed with a fabulous culinary team and full housekeeping and laundry teams.
With seven bedrooms in the 13,000 square foot main house and two additional bedrooms in the cottage, the Mas offers the utmost in luxury. The interiors feature Pierre Frey fabrics and Four Seasons beds and bedding. All bathrooms feature Four Seasons Hotel towels and bathrobes, L’Occitane bath products and their own pear soap. The main house and cottage have been thoughtfully restored and decorated in the relaxed, traditional Provence style, but have been modernized with dedicated high speed WI-FI, a SONOS sound system throughout the house and gardens and Savant media system on all TVs.
Within easy reach of Avignon, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Gordes, St Remy and Aix-en-Provence, Le Mas is ideally situated to access all that the region has to offer, should you decide to spend a day away from the peaceful property.
With 13,000 square feet of space, the luxurious main house offers ample room for all. The spacious living room is furnished in exquisite taste and overlooks the magnificent gardens and orchards. . The large dining room has seating for 18. A family room is comfortably furnished for relaxing. A large country kitchen with gleaming hanging copper pots also has a family dining area. The Orangerie with its Herve Baume dining table can accommodate 22 guests. A well-equipped gym and TV room complete the living spaces of the main house.
- Master Bedroom: King size bed. The master bedroom is a corner suite with views looking south over the main gardens and west over the pear orchard. It features a beautiful antique fireplace and built-in wardrobes surrounding a canopy bed of embroidered Pierre Frey fabric that matches the curtains of the five large and sunny windows. There is a sitting area on the south side of the room and a table for morning coffee near the fireplace. The master bathroom is large and sunny featuring a very large shower of Calcutta marble and a freestanding tub in the center of the room. Separate toilet stall with bidet, antique wardrobe and chest.
- Fontaine Bedroom: King size bed. Fontaine is a second master bedroom in size and scale. It offers a southern view over the main gardens and features a beautiful original fireplace and a king size canopy bed of gorgeous Pierre Frey fabric. There is a sitting area near the fireplace consisting of an antique sofa and two chairs. Beautiful antique chests and gorgeous built-in wardrobes hand finished in antique style specialty paint finish the room. The bathroom is large and sunny and features Arabescata marble carved in a Provencal style. The large tub sits under the window. Separate shower and toilet stall with bidet.
- Poirier Bedroom: King size bed. It is spacious and beautifully appointed with gorgeous Pierre Frey fabric on the bed wall. This bedroom enjoys a north facing with views of the original barn and surrounding gardens and the pear orchards to the west. There is an antique sofa at the end of the bed and antique wardrobe, desk, nightstands and artwork complement the décor. The bathroom is spacious and sunny and features a claw foot bathtub, separate shower and toilet stall. There is a lovely antique dressing table and stool sit in the north facing window.
- Jacques and George Bedroom: King size bed. This bedroom that is spacious in size yet cozy in feel because of the original exposed whitewashed ceiling beams. Jacques and George bedroom has a small sitting area and new built-in closets in the bedroom. The view is to the north overlooking the charming original barn structure and surrounding gardens. Beautiful antique chests and artwork add to the beautiful Pierre Frey fabric in the windows and on the bed. The bathroom is charming, featuring a bath surrounded by beautiful Carrera Goya, antique mirror, chair, separate shower and toilet stall.
- Samantha Bedroom: Queen size bed. This bedroom is a beautifully appointed room with lovely Pierre Frey fabrics at the windows and over the bed. The Samantha Bedroom features views to the east toward the Rhone River and over the pool area, fields of sunflowers or wheat and Provencal fountain at the east of the house. The bathroom features beautiful Calcutta Oro Vagli marble surrounding the tub that sits under the north facing window. Two antique mirrors over the vanity and separate shower and toilet stall.
- Audrey Bedroom: Queen size bed. This bedroom is charming and cozy. Decorated in lovely shades of blue and white, Audrey features a bed wall covered in Pierre Frey Oriental fabric. The bedroom enjoys an eastern view toward the Rhone River over the pool, farmland and fountain and has a lovely dressing table with a view out the large window. The bathroom large and shared with the Marguerite Bedroom. It has a large window facing east. The beautiful tub is surrounded by Arabescato marble that is carved in a Provencal style and sits under the window. Separate shower and toilet stall and private direct access entrance.
- Marguerite Bedroom: Queen size bed. Marguerite is the original master bedroom of the house and thus enjoys beautiful corner views to the south, over the gardens, and east, over the pool. The bedroom has four large sunny windows dressed in Pierre Frey fabric matching the canopy over the bed. The beautiful painted antique dresser and side tables match the palette of the room. This bedroom shares the bathroom with Audrey.
The charming cottage sits in the garden south of the main house and near to the pool and tennis court. It is the original building on the property and is built in charming old stone. The cottage has a cozy sitting room, bedroom and bathroom on the main floor and bedroom and bathroom on the second level. It is perfect for a young family, good friends or personal staff.
- Lavande Bedroom: Queen size bed. Located on the ground floor of the guest house, this bedroom has a door opening to the south into the gardens onto a small private patio. The bathroom features a large marble shower and separate toilet. There is a door stepping out onto the south facing private patio.
- Oliver Bedroom: Queen size bed. Situated on the second floor this bedroom with a reading nook, enjoys views to the south, over the tennis court and olive trees and to the west, over the main garden from double French doors. The bathroom has French doors opening south over the gardens. There is large bathtub with a separate shower and toilet.