- Bedrooms 19
- Bathrooms 21
- Sleeps 38
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Satellite TV, DVD, Sound System, Gym, Heated Pool, WIFI, Watersports Equipment, AC in Bedrooms, AC Throughout the House, Safe
Washing machine and dryer
Flat screen TVs
Maid(s), Chef(s), Butler, Concierge, Manager, Groundskeeper/Pool Maintenance
Daily maids, Manager
Chef de cuisine
Nautical and wellness professionals.
Cooking classes in professional kitchen
All manner of concierge services for activities, boat hire, etc
Toulon for airport and/or high speed train 15-20 minutes
Autoroute entrance 15 minutes
Hyeres 12 minutes
St Tropez 1 hour
Marseille 1 hour
Cassis 45 minutes
This magnificent, 20,000 square foot, Belle Epoque mansion, sits at the top of a property of 7.5 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, with breathtaking views from all sides over these gardens and to the sea. One enjoys these views from the many terraces or by strolling down a grand staircase edged by royal palms, cyprus and fragrant pines, typical of the Riviera.
On each level one encounters lushly landscaped gardens and pots overflowing with flowers. The way then meanders down a wide, rocky path to the sea with it’s private beach, where there are chaises and a grotto with bathroom, changing area and fridge and bar for drinks. It is a slice of heaven.
Typical of the Napoleon III style, the mansion was built at the turn of the 20th century, designed by the architect H.G. Tersling. Even the pool garden is artistically and beautifully landscaped with lily ponds bordering the pool and interspersed with pergolas and flower beds. There are several areas for dining and lounging outside to take in the beauty of the surroundings.
The former owner is a well-known interior designer who realized a fantastic decor to fit with the grandeur of the surroundings yet remaining immensely comfortable and at once playful and incredibly imaginative with the utmost in quality. The new owner has updated and added many amenities as well as wellness programs and water fitness and sports from the private beach. This is an outstanding property by anyone’s standards and a wonderful location for a large family vacation, or to celebrate an occasion or event.
The property is located between St Tropez and Marseille, just south of Toulon for easy access to all of Provence and the Riviera via the autoroute nearby. This makes it very convenient for travel by car or by boat. The property is very private and completely fenced and secured by gate and gatehouse.
Two new annexes have been added in 2022 , a 5 bedroom bastide and a 3 bedroom cottage. Photos will be available by June 2022. Facade renderings are available.
- Vast, marble columned entrance hall and sitting area, with outstanding grand staircase leading to the first floor and opening onto 4 linked rooms on the same floor
- Large sunroom with areas for sitting and dining or playing cards. With windows onto pool garden and ponds and leading into library
- Large, wainscotted library with piano and windows with sea views
- Large living area with doors onto terraces and sea views
- Large dining room with doors to terraces and sea views
- Fully equipped “family” kitchen with doors onto dining terrace
- Powder room
- 5 very large double bedrooms 4 with king beds ( which can be made into twins) and 1 with queen bed, most with both sea and garden views and each with large ensuite bathroom with both tub and separate shower with rain head.
- 1 smaller but charming double bedroom with queen bed and sitting area and ensuite bathroom with bath only
- Laundry room
- 3 bedrooms with queen beds and ensuite bathroom with tub and shower or shower only
- 2 bedrooms with king bed (can be two twin beds) and ensuite bathroom with tub and shower or shower only
- Immense, fully equipped kitchen for cooking classes and/or events of any size, with doors leading to gardens and terraces.
- Living room
- 5 double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- Infinity pool
- Living room
- 3 double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Private access to sea, with entrance dock and stairs
- Stone terraces equipped with lounges for sunbathing
- Grotto with changing room, powder room and fridge for seaside refreshments
- Outdoor shower
- Shaded parking at entrance to property
- 65 ft swimming pool
- Yoga Platform
- Boat and many watersports