- Bedrooms 7
- Bathrooms 7
- Sleeps 14
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Satellite TV, DVD, WIFI, AC in Bedrooms, Safe
Mini bar in bedrooms
Manager, Groundskeeper/Pool Maintenance
Maid service 6 days per week, 4 hours per day from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Bed linens changed twice per week
Towels and pool towels changed three times per week
The rate includes daily continental breakfast
Cook, cook’s assistants and waiter for a maximum of 8 hours per day to prepare lunch and dinner
Food & beverages for lunch and dinner are not included
The kitchen facilities are only accessible by the staff
A 5-min walk from the main square in Anacapri, down a beautiful old footpath through near the center of town. The villa is accessible only by foot.
3 minute walk to tennis court and grocery store
5 minute walk to a restaurant
45 minute boat ride to Naples
The island of Capri, symbolized the world over as the ideal haven for artists, key figures of European culture, and the traveling elite, still offers the unique atmosphere that enraptured its initial famous visitors years ago. Villa Astraios, situated in the center of Anacapri, offers its guest the maximum in hospitality, representing the perfect synthesis between the islands past and present.
Choosing Capri for a holiday means allowing oneself to be seduced by its astounding natural beauty, unexpected tranquility, vibrant colors, and intoxicating scents. Capri offers visitors numerous opportunities to explore sites of historical interest and to behold the natural beauty of the island.
Villa Astraios, a historical Caprian country residence in a Neapolitan style dating back to the early 17th Century, is one of the few island villas still intact from that era. The present owner has painstakingly restored the villa and, due to the workmanship and superb interior decoration inspired by its themes of art, this historical residence retains all of its initial charm. Thanks to the careful restoration carried out by the owner, the villa, while being transformed into an exclusive historical residence, has maintained its historical and architectural features. Behind the villa’s green gate, one finds an enchanting world so idyllic peace that takes one into is paradise. Steps ornamented by columns lead through the garden up to the main entrance. In this glorious setting, with its century old trees, marvellous displays of flowers, and a peacock-blue pool hidden amongst the flora, one remains amazed by the hospitality at hand.
The overwhelming lounge is adorned by arch shaped ceilings, paintings, chromatic lighting, larges sofas in blue velvet, and coffee tables. The beautiful floor with ancient hand painted tiles spreads through the villa from the living area to the dining room to the winter garden: the dining room boasts a glass-topped table and 10 chairs and interfaces with the kitchen, which is accessible only to the staff. The winter garden offers glass walls opening into the garden, allowing its greenery and natural light to spread inside the home, while its numerous white sofas lend for comfortable seating on a cool evening.
- Bedroom 1: Hunter’s room – Over-sized King bed (may be converted to two double beds), En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Air conditioning, Satellite TV, CD player, Safe, Telephone. Once the master bedroom of the villa, the hunter’s room still houses an incredible collection of Neapolitan School paintings dating back to the 17th century. This splendid collection forms the backdrop to the rich fabrics which drape the king-size bed. There is an over-sized bathroom with Jacuzzi and from the spacious terrace over the garden there is a sea view.
- Bedroom 2: French room – King bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite TV, CD player, Safe, Telephone. Exquisite Louis XVI boiserie panels an entire wall and inspires the name of this sumptuous room. The large sunken bathroom contains a roman bath with shower. There is also a charming terrace overlooking the delicately perfumed “Cetrella” garden.
- Bedroom 3: Traveler’s room -King bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air-conditioning, Satellite TV, CD player, Safe, Telephone. Rare artifacts and souvenirs brought back from voyages to the Orient and Latin America create an exotic atmosphere in this splendid room. From the large four-poster bed, draped in beautiful fabrics, one can look out towards the spacious terrace with sea view.
- Bedroom 4: Rialto room- King bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite TV, CD player, Safe, Telephone. The highlight of this impressive room is a glorious 18th century Venetian bookcase, that frames the entrance to the boudoir. Enhancing the Venetian Room’s flower decked terrace is an exquisite marble topped table, just perfect for breakfast to be served upon. Finally, there is a Turkish steam room with shower in the bathroom.
- Bedroom 5: Painter’s room – 2 Twin beds (can be converted to a king), En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite TV, CD player, Safe, Telephone. Inspired by a fabulous Marchigana Era bookcase. The room has been delightfully frescoed by renowned artist Enrica Capone. A splendid bathroom with shower in white marble mosaic and two antique marble basins dating back to the 18th century complete the furnishings.
- Bedroom 6: Garden Suite -King bed (can be converted to two twin beds), En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite TV, CD player, Safe, Telephone. Adjacent to the pool area, the newly renovated Pool Room comprises a large, airy and sunlit bedroom with modern furnishings: a queen-size bed, modular sitting area with plasma screen TV and surround sound. The luxurious bathroom features a sky-lit roman bath with shower.
- Bedroom 7: Garden room – Queen bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Satellite TV, CD player, Safe, Telephone. Adjacent to the pool area, the room features a large marble Empire tub next to the queen-size platform bed of this sunlit room. There is a large dressing area with enclosed stone shower and walk-in closet. Beyond the sitting area there is a small patio with spiral staircase leading to a private sundeck with sea view.