- Bedrooms 6
- Bathrooms 7
- Sleeps 12
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Satellite TV, DVD, Sound System, Gym, Pool, Heated Pool, WIFI, Watersports Equipment, AC Throughout the House, Safe
Total privacy of clos de mur (walled) park
Extremely sophisticated state-of-the-art electronics throughout (remote sensor lighting, push-button control of exterior shutters, automatic interior lighting of cabinetry, etc.)
Weekday passes to the Villa d’Este Sporting Club are available; please inquire for specifics
Tennis court available
Maid(s), Chef(s), Butler, Concierge, Manager, Groundskeeper/Pool Maintenance
Twice weekly bed linen change
Daily bath linen change
Additional cook or butler hours on request
Personal laundry by separate payment
Blevio: 3 minutes
Como: 20 minutes
Milan: 75 minutes
Milan Malpensa Airport: 1 hour
Villa Gemelli II is securely located, down a quarter mile gated road guarded by a quaint old gate-house, in the midst of seven acres of luxuriant gardens and woods which also protect the Villa Gemelli I.Villa Gemelli I and Villa Gemelli II are facing the lake with their private harbor. The two residences are separated by a historic harbor flanked by ancient terracotta statues.
The little harbor is so perfect that in 1769 when the great Austrian Emperor Joseph the Second, brother of Marie Antoinette, Queen of France, found protection in it from a fierce lake storm, the property was declared by him “The house of the Emperor” as it is remembered on a stone in the romantic garden next to the park chapel.
Located in the artistic lake-side village of Blevio, and rising directly out of the Lake Como, the Villa faces the famous Grand Hotel Villa d’Este located on the opposite shore of the lake which offers all its facilities including also, on special request and depending on booking possibilities, access to the eighteen holes, Villa d’Este golf course in Montorfano.
The villa Gemelli II, totally modernized, is luxuriously furnished down to the finest Italian linens and antiques from the owners own collection, offers six (6) bedrooms sleeping 12 and access on both the lake shore balcony and the lake shore terrace, which will be setting of much of your visits dining and entertaining in the Italian tradition.The Villa Gemelli II offers wonderful walks in the park from where you can reach, through the gate exits, the Lake Shore Village with its charming square on the harbor, its seventeen century church and the village garden with its lovely pergola.
The villa is directly linked with all transportation means. You can use your own car that you can safely shelter in the villas interconnected underground parking and take your own boat or the comfortable water-taxis from the dock, from where you can whisk at your choice to the Villa d’Este or to charming villages (Bellagio, etc) and fine restaurants which line the lake. You can also choose to call the three miles distant International Como Aeroclub and ask their seaplane taxi service to take you directly from the villa boat dock either to a discovery tour of this thrilling alpine lake scenery or to insure your own exclusive commuting with a 10 seat turbine Cessna Caravan seaplane from and to other destinations (Saint Moritz, Venice, Capri,etc.).
The neighboring small towns of Lugano, Varese and Bergamo can offer you an enchanted discovery of the most finest classical and contemporary art museums of this part of the world.(Academia Carrara, Panza di Biumo collection, fondazione Thyssen-Bornemisza etc.). The exquisite parkland, and glorious villa make this a very special spot for a splendid stay. The villas together can host up to 26 plus the possibility of some extra staff or children.
Note: Gemelli II may be rented on its own or with Gemelli I. The villas may also be rented with meal service for 3 meals per day or for breakfast and dinner only. Rates are on request, please inquire.
- Entrance from courtyard linking Gemelli I with Gemelli II and the town.
- Central hall open up to first floor. Double doors open to balcony along Lake.
- TV room with working fireplace, comfortable seating, HDTV with satellite (SKY), DVD. Double doors open to courtyard. Can be used as double bedroom (twins) on request
- Iron gate from garage to patio set for breakfast al fresco.
- Primary entrance hall. Stairs lead to upper level
- Dining/living room with French doors opening to surrounding terrace and walkway. Two seating areas with their own working fireplaces.
- Eat-in kitchen (4 gas- and 2 electric-burners, large oven, microwave, GE double door fridge, separate freezer, 2 dishwashers) with table for six. Adjacent pantry. Double doors open to breakfast patio and walkway surrounding house.
- Vestibule to guest bath with stall shower.
- Laundry room (washing machine and dryer).
- Center hall
- Two queen bedrooms with fireplace, balcony & en-suite bathrooms
- King bedroom (can be twins) with Private bath with tub with hand-held shower
- Two king bedrooms (can be separated for twins), view on the lake and en-suite bathrooms with tub or shower
- One king bedroom with private bathroom with tub and hand held shower in hall next to room
- Enclosed estate with 2.5 hectare private park (shared)
- Outdoor terrace on Lake-front for dining al fresco (accommodates 12 guests)
- Gate to village, access to owner’s private dock
- Underground garage with direct entrance to Villa
- Heated Pool with chaises, parasols and panoramic views on the lake