- Bedrooms 12
- Bathrooms 15
- Sleeps 24
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Satellite TV, Sound System, Heated Pool, WIFI, AC in Bedrooms, Safe
Jacuzzi in two bathrooms
Massages on request
Heated towel racks
Maid(s), Cook, Manager, Groundskeeper/Pool Maintenance
Full time staff including, maids, cook and gardener
Linen changed twice weekly
Caretaker on the spot
Brucoli – 15 mins.
Catania airport – 30 mins.
Siracusa – 40 mins.
Taormina – 1.15 mins.
Beaches – 10 mins.
Just 30 minutes from Catania airport, ten minutes from the sea and perfectly located for day trips to Syracuse, Taormina, Mt. Etna, Noto and Ragusa. Centre of a former feudal estate from 1300, this villa is located at north of Syracuse looking out toward Mt. Etna and the Mediterranean sea.
The original building, now converted into a villa, was the only abbey of the knightly order of St James of the Sword in Sicily. Only a knight from this order and from the most important aristocratic European families could hold the title of Commander.
From the XIX century the property has become a stately home and after the recent complete restoration the villa offers modern comforts perfectly blended in the historical atmosphere that makes this property magical from many points of view. When the blue gate of the villa opens you will be overwhelmed with nature and country views. After about 500 yards the beautiful and stately villa will appear in the distance with a clear and lovely view of the sea on the right.
- Several living areas each separated by the original arched doorways
- The first room is a spacious drawing room that hosts an impressive fireplace surrounded by sofas and that takes you to the library
- The library has many books including the history of the villa and pictures of the original property and a sitting area
- Through more arches one reaches the spacious dining room from where on your left is the access to the kitchen
- Professionally equipped kitchen and portico with glass doors that take you to the extremely well-tended Italian garden and the relaxing Indian pavilion
- From each living/public room you can access the main courtyard where 10 of the spacious 12 bedrooms are located
- Each room has its en-suite bathroom and independent entrance with the possibility of having interconnecting rooms. The decoration of each room is different however they are all furnished with great taste
- Opposite to the main entrance there is an English garden with 2 more double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, near the pool
- Large leisure area with very large swimming pool
- Spa with Turkish bath and sauna and a summer kitchen with barbecue and outdoor dining area and bathroom
- Set on 110 acres, the villa is surrounded by extensive gardens with numerous shaded areas, relaxing look-outs and secluded benches that offer privacy and peace.
- Accessible from the dining room and from the back of the villa is the impressive symmetrical Italian garden with infinite species of plants, fountains and water rills.
- This garden is adorned by Indian pavilions that represent a special spot for relaxing afternoons
- More lawned areas with plants and trees are around the house and near the pool where aperitifs and al fresco dinners can be served
- Beyond this outdoor spaces are the seemingly endless grounds with trekking routes within the property with: unspoilt forest and river, archaeological remains & Grottos
- Orange groves, olive groves and farmland, as wellas a rich variety of Mediterranean plants, secular trees and archaeological ruins dating back to the 9-8th century BC represent the different options of trekking routes available within the grounds of a villa that maintains the character of its historical past and the light atmosphere of a comfortable holiday villa
Note: Rates vary according to occupancy numbers. Please inquire.