- Bedrooms 8
- Bathrooms 8
- Sleeps 16
Toiletries, Hair Dryers, Satellite TV, DVD, Sound System, Heated Pool, WIFI, AC in Bedrooms, Safe
AC and window screens in all bedroom
Fully equipped kitchen and laundry
Pool & hot tub heating through solar panels
Manager, Groundskeeper/Pool Maintenance
Additional Pool and house heating will be based on consumption at market price
Telephone and fax charges
Florence (airport): 1.5 hour drive
Siena, Perugia (airport): one hour drive
Montalcino: 30 minute drive
Chiusi (with one hour express trains to Florence and Rome): 25 minute drive
S. Quirico, Pienza, Montepulciano, and Sarteano: 15 to 20 minute drive
Four hot spas and beauty farms from 10 to 30 minute drive
Contignano, the nearest village with groceries, bakery, butcher, Pecorino factory, and gas station: five minute drive
High on a hill overlooking the often photographed Val d’Orcia, sits Casale Cessina surrounded by nothing but vast and stupendous 360 degree views. This area is well known for the filming of “the English Patient” and more recently “Under the Tuscan Sun.” It is Tuscany in all it’s sunniest glory. Rolling countryside filled with cypress, olive trees, vineyards, far off farmhouses, castles and Monasteries greet the visitor to Cessina. It’s no less than a visual stunner to stand and take in the vista here.
This is the newest restoration by the owners of Casales Buon Riposo, Palaccio and Zingoni. As usual the architectural renovation and decoration is stylish, discerning and comfortable. The wall colors range from a warm dove grey to fawn or a deep Tuscan ochre. Many of the bathroom fixtures and furnishing are designed by the owners. Ilaria has her own home furnishings boutique in Rome and draws most of her inventory from Italian artisans who create pieces based on her original designs.
- Large living room with fireplace, lat-screen TV with satellite and DVD, VCR, CD player, multiple seating areas and French doors onto front lawn
- Dining room with seating capacity for 20
- State of the art kitchen with huge hearth, double stove and ovens and large two door fridge with ice maker
- One double bedroom with king bed and en-suite bathroom with walk in shower
- One double bedroom with twin beds (can become a double), triple exposure windows and French doors onto terrace and garden. En-suite bathroom with bath and wall-mounted shower
- Master bedroom, 35 sq meters, with sitting area, study area, triple exposure views. King bed and en-suite bathroom with bath and wall-mounted shower, double sinks and separate wc
- Three double bedrooms with king beds and en-suite bathrooms with bath and and wall-mounted shower, two also have double sinks.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with bath and wall-mounted shower.
- Loft style bedroom with single bed on floor level and stairs to loft area with a double bed and two singles, suitable for children (has satellite TV, VHS, DVD and stereo) or parents or nanny with children.
- Large, solar heated, infinity lap pool
- Hot tub
- Large double stone terrace with dining area and BBQ on one side and lounging area on the other