- Bedrooms 6
- Bathrooms 7
- Sleeps 15
Toiletries, Satellite TV, DVD, WIFI
All ensuite bathrooms with bidets, robes and slippers
English speaking manager
Concierge services 9-5 Mon-Fri
Food and beverages
Electricity over 800KW
Florence: 10 minutes
Autoroute entrance: 3 minutes
Super Strada (4 lane parkway conecting Florence to Siena and all towns between) entrance: 3 minutes
Rome: 2.5 hours
Palazzo Firenze is a private villa in the Florentine hills with the spirit of an exclusive hotel. An aristocratic abode in the hills surrounding Florence, the villa presents an innovative formula of a private residence offered with complete hotel services, tailored to an exacting and exclusive clientele.
A private fifteenth century residence established by the Medici and enlarged in the eighteenth century, the villa is situated on the certosa hills, the closest circle of Florentine hills surrounding the city center just 7km away. The villa is a magnificent example of Italian Renaissance architecture that can accommodate up to 12 people (plus 3 children or teens).
The three levels, equipped with an elevator, include the ground floor consisting of the main salon a fine example of 18th century rural architecture complete with original frescoes and furnished with antiques, a grand 150 sqm. Ballroom, a spacious and light lounge room with hand painted walls, a study and an elegant dining room. On the same level is the Imperial Suite with an en suite bathroom. The top floor was subject to an intense restoration, which was concluded in 2003, to ensure the requirements for international comfort standards. This floor boasts six suites with private bathrooms that together with the frescoed ceilings, the country views from the large windows and period furniture create the ideal mixture of modernity combined with the aristocratic heritage of the residence.
The abundant living spaces include an immense, picturesque garden and a swimming pool, which has been perfectly placed in the harmony of the elegant Tuscan countryside. Palazzo di Firenze is the ideal Florentine villa living experience. Savor the opulence of the Tuscan country lifestyle and be spoiled by the discreet and passionate staff that is dedicated to the clients well-being, comfort and privacy as the master of house.
- Entering the villa, the main entry hall is decorated with antique mirrors, large antique table with decorative bronze hunting dog collection
- The ballroom is completely decorated by frescoes with a gorgeous chandelier. The grand piano is to the right. Excellent location for special events, formal dinners and of course ballroom dancing
- The blue living room is also completely decorated by frescoes. This is the most comfortable gathering area inside the Villa. Seating for up to 14 persons is possible in the room
- The bar is a lovely room with a card table and mirrored bar room
- The library with a wonderful collection of sailboat models is also the TV room with Satellite TV, DVD
- The Dining Room can seat up to 12 persons
- There is a large powder room off of the blue living Room
- The baldachino suite is the only bedroom located on the ground floor and has a king bed with comfortable arm chairs for seating. The Empire style furnishings and epic canopy bed make this room the most elegant of all. The en suite bathroom is decorated from floor to ceiling with frescoes. The bathtub is beautifully fitted with antique fixtures. There is no shower.
First floor (2nd US):
- The rose suite is very spacious and absolutely charming. Twin beds pushed together make up a king size bed (or can be separated for singles). There is a comfortable seating area with sofa with twin pink poufs. This is a corner suite therefore there are three very large windows with lovely views of Florence’s finest villas. The en suite bathroom is large and has twin sinks, large marble shower with glass door and separate tub. There is plenty of wardrobe space in all of the suites
- The guest suite has a king size bed and the bathroom has twin sinks, marble shower, separate tub and plenty of space. Also a corner suite this room also boasts three beautiful windows with views overlooking the Cyprus lined drive leading to the villa
- The green suite is the master suite. This lovely suite has a functioning fireplace and very comfortable seating area for afternoon tea or just relaxing. The large bathroom consists of a powder room with dressing table and ample wardrobe space. The bathroom has twin sinks, shower and separate tub
- The oriental suite is the smallest bedroom in the villa, however this bedroom also has a fireplace and an en suite bathroom with twin sink, marble shower and separate tub
- The rose triple suite is connected to the Oriental Suite by an adjoining door however it also has an entry from the first floor landing. This corner junior suite is large yet very cozy. The oversized sofa can be turned into a comfortable single bed making this bedroom a triple if necessary
- There is also an apartment suitable for staff on this floor, complete with en suite bathroom and mini kitchenette for warming food, tea, coffee, baby bottles etc.
- The kitchen, laundry and staff quarters
- The kitchen is a large open style kitchen with typical Tuscan fireplace for indoor grilling and food preparation. The kitchen is complete with all modern amenities and plenty of space for food storage
- Next to the kitchen is the garage which can be used on request
- There is a laundry room with two full size washing machines and two dryers, which can be used by guests or the staff can offer private laundry service upon request for an extra fee
- Private electric gate with surveillance cameras and intercom system from the gatehouse and the Villa
- The driveway is an impressive cypress lined gravel road leading to the formal entrance of the villa
- The front gardens are impeccably kept English style lawns
- Entering through the formal entrance into il cortile which is decorated with large terra cotta vases and jasmine covering the back walls
- The Loggia is decorated with wrought iron chairs and couches ideal on hot summer days, the Loggia is always quite cool
- Under the Loggia is where the beautiful Della Robbia ceramic Madonna is located.
- The pool area is to the left of the formal entrance and is accessed by passing through a low wrought iron gate. The pool area is completely fenced in and offers stunning views of the Tuscan countryside
- The covered dining area near the pool is ideal for easy going picnics or cocktails
- In the far end of the pool area is a table for up to 6 people and can be used for light lunches.
- A lounge area with wrought iron chairs and tables is close to the dining area and is ideal for cocktails