- Bedrooms 10
- Bathrooms 13
- Sleeps 22
Toiletries, Satellite TV, DVD, Sound System, Gym, Heated Pool, WIFI, AC in Bedrooms, AC Throughout the House, Safe
Helicopters are able to land directly on the Estate, within the walled gardens, in the back yard.
Please see details for additional information.
Maid(s), Chef(s), Butler, Concierge, Manager, Groundskeeper/Pool Maintenance
Daily maid service and a support staff of 12 to 16 depending on the number of guests in residence
Bespoke culinary services charged at 145 per person per day
Wines on consumption
Approximately 20 minutes’ drive from Perugia (which is the nearest airport) and within a 20 minute to one hour radius of Siena, Assisi, Cortona, Montepulciano, Orvieto — among others.
A very well known film director is now offering his newly renovated, impressive, 60 acre estate which encompasses a 16th century walled garden with 13 acres of enclosed formal gardens, vegetable garden, orchard, grape arbor, lavender rows, olive groves and lawns in addition to the outdoor pool, reflecting fountain bordering a native oak forest and the Winter Garden. The remainder of the estate is made up of 800 olive trees, vineyards and forest with stupendous views over lake Trasimeno. No expense was spared in renovating this former convent into a luxurious hideaway with every amenity one might expect of a lavish estate.
The Main Building:
Guest areas spread over three floors, all accessible by elevator.
Lower ground Floor:
- Two bedrooms, each features a sitting area and with direct access to the gardens
- Historic wine cellar and adjoining tasting room
- Various living areas, including a reading room, main living room with wood burning fireplace, games table and grand piano, leading to the smaller dining room which seats twelve, and the breakfast kitchen with guest pantry
- The cloister, with two other bedrooms and bathrooms
- Access to numerous outdoor dining and sitting areas, including the bar
- Five bedrooms and bathrooms including the Master Suite, the Family Suite, and Children’s Bedroom
- Galleried library and living room with rebuilt Renaissance wood burning fireplace
- Games room with billiard table.
- Principal dining room, which can seat up to 40 guests
- Adjacent wine cellar and tasting room
- Main kitchen (with a chef’s tasting table)
- Small terraced apartment with queen bed & ensuite bathroom
Ten suites, accommodating a total of 22 guests.
– Man house features nine bedrooms;
– Seven with king beds
– One Family Suite with king bed plus adjacent bunk room (for two children)
– One twin-bedded Children’s room
– The adjacent building features the tenth bedroom with sitting room (wood burning fireplace) queen bedroom and en suite bathroom with shower.
- The Master Suite features a study with wood burning fireplace, living room with dining table, separate king bedroom also with wood burning fireplace, and large screen TV with multi-region DVD player and en suite bathroom with a private terrace overlooking the walled gardens and Lake Trasimeno.
- Both the Family Suite and Children’s twin bedroom feature DVD players as well as PS3 players with dual hand controls. All suites enjoy unique and special features, be it a wrought iron spiral staircase leading to a cozy mezzanine, vast balconies from which to view the spectacular Umbrian sunsets, or a wood burning fireplace.
All bedrooms feature individually controlled heating and air conditioning, satellite TV and Geneva sound systems with iPod-docks and are decorated with soft colors complementing the stunning private collection of period cinema posters and art. The en suite bathrooms, the majority with two sink vanities, and separate walk-in showers and freestanding tubs, also have televisions. The whole property has Wi-Fi access, including the grounds and swimming pool area. Complimentary open bars throughout the property.
– The gardens and woods of the estate, including various strolling paths
– Outdoor swimming pool: 20 x 9 meters (65 x 30 feet)
– Fully equipped gym with Johnson Health Tech and Matrix equipment
– Treadmill (Johnson T8000Ei)
– Elliptical (Johnson E8000)
– Recumbent bike (Johnson R8000)
– Matrix multi-station unit for strength training plus free weight dumb bells and bench
– Dedicated full service Spa
– Private treatment rooms
– Hammam / Steam room
– Outdoor hot pool
– Games room with both pool (eight-ball) and billiard balls
– Galleried library featuring thousands of volumes primarily in English but also Italian, Spanish, French, and German titles
– State-of-the-art Cinema seating 16 and includes a PS3 player with dual controls
– Professional kitchen including food demonstration area for guest participation
– Two wine cellars with adjoining tasting rooms
– Grand piano
– Restored chapel for spiritual reflection, also suitable for private ceremonies
– The Winter Garden, a fully glassed enclosed conservatory set within the walled garden and surrounded by 400 year old olive trees that features a sitting area in front of a wood burning fireplace
– The fire pit, set upon the walls on the southern corner of the walled garden enjoying majestic views of the medieval village of Passignano below the hill and twinkling lights around Lake Trasimeno
– Guest’s Pantry, located off the breakfast kitchen, where guests can help themselves to tea, coffee, snacks, juices, soft drinks, house wines and beer twenty four hours a day.